Fall is upon us and I knew every Midwestern girl is leaping for joy at the fact that she can break out her knee high boots and start laying once again. Fall is just the best and we know how to do it right. Still, there are probably a few people who are sad to see all of those 108 degree days go. Here are some ways to treat yourself over these last few days of summer.
1. Make yourself a really decadent desert. Eat it without shame.
2. See what all the hype is about those long walks on the beach. Take one and see how you feel after.
3. Make a new friend.
4. Dine al fresco.
5. Wear those dresses you bought in March for your new summer uniform and still have yet to be worn.
6. Get all your friends together for a margarita night.
7. Explore those places that you’ve been wanting to check out in your city.
8. See what all the hype is about and go for a long walk on the beach.
9. Back away from the Hulu, put down the iPhone, and make a playlist for your iPod. Listen to it and have your own personal dance party.
10. Get out on the town with your best friends and cherish the fact that you don’t have to wear a coat.
I’ve spent the last 2 weeks awake at 3:00am. It’s my new best friend. Why, you ask? Summer Insomnia :)
I would like to dedicate this song to ice cream, popsicles, winter, and just cold things in general right now.
Essie (Action - Available in Stores)
Spring is just a few weeks away (Yes, we technically already had the first official day of spring but if you’re in Chicago the real official day comes way later. We’ll be lucky if it hits us by June.) In the meantime, I’m lusting after a few things.
Panasonic Lumix - DMC - LX5 ($359)
the pyramid double wrap braclet (s&d -$59)
fun new lipsticks (Bite - Sephora $30)
Baked Apple Cinnamon Chips (my recent Pinterest Addiction led me here)- recipe
Until next time, I’ll be hiding away in yoga pants and a sweater.